Guest blogging, is this a thing of the past? Is guest blogging dead or at most a relic of the past? We’re here to tell you that guest blogging is not dead, and it’s not some ancient relic lying around! The fact is that guest blogging has never been more important than it is today.
While many “experts” have long said that guest blogging is dead, the method is still relevant today. It’s one of the most effective ways to get you and your business noticed. Writing gaming guest posts can also increase your traffic and help your site rank in the search engines.
If you’re not familiar with guest posting, you may be wondering what it is. Guest posting is the process of writing blog or website posts for another person’s site. Writing posts for another person’s website may seem counterproductive. However, writing posts to be published on other sites is a great way to earn high-quality traffic back to your own site. What makes that traffic high-quality? The fact that it’s targeted traffic.
We have Guest Posting rights on more than a dozen Gaming domains with great DA level and traffic. If you are interested in a guest post on roomforgaming.com and other Gaming domains, please reach out to us at email@example.com
When you write a gaming guest post, it’s essential to write for other sites that are in your niche. The audience of the other sites must be similar to the site visitors targeted on your own website. When you take this approach, the traffic coming from your guest post will be targeted, relevant, value site users. This is an audience that wants to hear your message and is interested in your products. The result is a higher conversion rate and increased profits for your business. What’s more, your website and business will also be more visible in the search rankings, which brings in additional relevant traffic.
See what we mean? Guest posting is still a valuable marketing tool for all types of businesses. You are positioned as an authority in the industry and gain more traffic to your website. In addition, your guest posting efforts will also build valuable backlinks to your website.
All of this can be accomplished with the right type of content aimed at the right audience.
In this guide, we’ll help you learn how to write a great gaming guest post, how to find the best gaming guest post opportunities, and we’ll share a list of gaming sites that are currently accepting guest posts.
Let’s get started!
Quick Links To Info On This Page:
How to write a Gaming Guest Post
Now that you’ve realized some of the benefits that come from writing gaming guest posts, it’s time to learn how to get started! The very first step is to outline your goals for making guest posts. Your goals are what you hope to accomplish by guest posting on other gaming sites.
Gaming guest post goals can include:
- Increasing your brand awareness
- Promoting your projects and services (though you may not be able to do this directly within the guest post. The targeted traffic will be people who come to your site, where you can feature your projects & services)
- Show your target audience how you can help them
- Gain traction on social media platforms
- Increase your own site’s SEO
- Become a recognized authority in the industry
- Increase traffic to your own site
- Increase leads (generate more leads by reaching new audiences)
Figuring out the goals you’d like to accomplish makes it easier to find the right gaming guest posting opportunities for your efforts. The key is finding those sites that will help you reach your goals. Not only that but writing a great guest post also helps the blogger or site owner also reach their own goals.
To help other bloggers and site owners, you’ll need to write for their audience. This means you’ll have to learn who their target audience is and write the post directly to them. You will be writing for a specific group of people (the target audience), which means it’s necessary to understand their interests, their needs and pain points, and how you can create content that rings true with them in a powerful way.
Before you write the guest post, it’s important to understand the blog or site’s format. While the site editor or the blogger will provide guidelines on topics, you need to go through and read several posts on their site. Look for the format of the blog/site, topics that have been covered (or not), as well as the voice and tone used on the site.
For instance, is most of the site’s content written with humor, or is it serious? What is the blog’s writing style? This is why reading through more than one blog post is crucial for writing your gaming guest post. Be sure to choose a topic that resonates with the site’s readers. Your post must match what’s already on the site in terms of format, voice, tone, and even length.
When it comes to the length of the guest post, each site or blog will have its own requirements. You can find this information in the guest blogging instructions usually provided by the blog. If the guest posting requirements say you need to write between 500-1000 words, then make sure your post is no longer (or shorter) than that.
In addition, pay close attention to the other requirements for guest posts. These will vary by each site and are usually found on the guest posting page on the site or blog. Many times if a writer doesn’t follow the guest post requirements, their gaming guest post is simply discarded or ignored. All that hard work and effort ends up being a useless exercise. So, always pay attention to and follow the guest posting requirements for each site you’d like to write for.
One more thing to notice in the guest posting guidelines is whether or not they require you to pitch your blog idea. What’s this? It’s a fancy way to say the blogger or site owner/editor requires that you share your guest post topic idea with them before writing the post. This is important. If they require you to pitch an idea, then follow through. Otherwise, your post could be rejected when submitted.
And don’t worry if your pitch is rejected. The editor or blogger may also share some topic ideas with you. Choose one of these, and your post is sure to be accepted. If they don’t offer topic suggestions, then come up with another post idea share it with the editor/blogger. Don’t hesitate to do this!
Next, make sure your content is actionable. What does this mean? It means providing insightful, helpful, relevant information for the readers. Off them a valuable takeaway, which they can apply to their own situation. Your post should include practical, beneficial information for the blog’s readers. When you do this, they’ll remember your name and may even be spurred to visit your site.
Remember when writing a gaming guest post that this is not about you. Many sites accepting guest posts even specify that the post can’t be promotional in nature. This means don’t make the post all about you, your products, and services.
Having said that, most sites and blogs will allow you a byline and a link back to a page on your website. This is where you can include a link back to a product or service. However, read through the guest post guidelines to make sure this is allowed. And if you have a question about including a link back to your own site/product/service, then be sure to contact the blog or site editor. Ask them for clarification about this. You don’t want to run afoul of the guest post guidelines.
Another issue to be aware of is that some sites or blogs will not publish gaming guest posts that are filled with spelling and grammar errors. Put yourself in their shoes. Do you enjoy reading content that’s filled with such mistakes? Most people are distracted by such errors, which means your message could become lost in the mix. Instead, people will focus on the mistakes rather than your content.
To avoid this problem, always proofread your writing before submitting the guest post. You may need to do this at least a couple of times in order to catch mistakes. It’s also helpful to use the proofreading tools in the word processor you use. Google Docs, Microsoft Windows, and others include these tools free of charge. Other options include Grammarly (they offer free and paid proofreading services) and other online tools. Use these to make sure your writing is at its best and is free of errors.
Remember, you may also be required to provide images for the blogger or website that publishes your guest post. And even if they don’t require images, it’s a good idea to include them anyway. This keeps the site editor or blogger from having to do more work. Make sure your post is ready and provide the photos that go with it.
When you’re finished crafting your gaming guest post, it’s time to submit it! This is exciting! Here, again, be sure to follow the guest post guidelines as to how to submit the post. Some sites require you to email the post to a specific person and email address. Others may simply offer a submission form on their website. Whatever method is specified, be sure to follow the directions precisely.
How to find Gaming Guest Post Opportunities
In this section, we’ll take a look at how to find gaming guest post opportunities! It’s not as hard as you may think; however, it may take some effort and research to find the best blogs for your guest posting efforts.
The first place to start, and one of the easiest, is by using Google search. You can use the following keywords to find great gaming blogs and websites that are currently accepting guest posts. When using this search term format, be sure and replace the keyword with the keywords that work for you:
- Keyword “accepting guest posts”
- Keyword “guest post”
- Keyword “submit a guest post”
- Keyword “guest post guidelines”
- Keyword “guest post by”
- Keyword “write for us”
- Keyword “guest article”
- Keyword “submit blog post”
- Keyword “contribute to our site”
- Keyword “guest column”
- Keyword “guest post opportunities”
- Keyword “contributing writing”
- Keyword “want to write for”
Another way to find gaming guest post opportunities is using social media. You can use the same keyword phrases from above to find guest posting opportunities on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more.
Here’s a tip to keep the information for guest post opportunities in one handy location. Use a spreadsheet to collect all the information on guest posting for each site you’d like to write for. This makes it easy to keep all the data in one place while making it easy to search for the information you need.
Keep in mind this is only an example—this is not a real site (that we’re aware of!). But at least you can see how to compile the information for each site you’d like to write for. What’s more, you can even track your guest posting efforts in the same spreadsheet! That way, everything is together in one place and organized, so information is easy to find when you need it.
So, whether you’re searching on Google or social media, be sure to save the gaming guest posting information for each site. If a spreadsheet doesn’t work for you, then find a method that does and stick with it. Keep everything easy to find and use when you want it.
When looking for sites to guest post on, make sure to evaluate each one. The aim is to ensure the site is a good fit for your brand, your business, and keywords.
You can get clues from:
- The number of subscriber numbers
- Number of followers on the site or on social media platforms
- And more
Use Alexa, a free tool, to find the site’s traffic for the past few months. Just type the site’s URL into the box on the screen and hit enter. The site will quickly provide you with the data you’re looking for on-site metrics.
You can then use this information to determine if the site or blog has enough traffic to help meet your guest posting goals. You can also find information about the target audience, such as where they’re from. If the blog or website is located outside of your home country, then it may not be a good fit for your gaming guest posting strategy.
Using Alexa, you can even find information about individual posts. For instance, you’ll have an overview of the topics and whether or not your topic(s) would be a good fit.
Now, you’re ready to start searching for the right gaming guest posting opportunities! In the next section, we’ve done some of the research for you. This way, you’ll have a head start on some possible sites for your gaming guest post efforts!
List of Gaming Sites Accepting Guest Posts
Here are a few gaming sites currently accepting guest posts. We’ve included an overview of each site’s guest post guidelines; however, do be sure to read through the entire guideline for each site. This is essential information to have your post accepted.
Let’s get started!
Guest Post Guidelines
- The guest post must be well-written in English
- The guest post must be unique (not submitted anywhere else, not spun or rewritten)
- The post must be at least 800 words (between 800-2000 is best)
- The submission must contain an “About the Author” field (your author bio)
- The post must be related to gaming
- The submission must be in a zip archive file (should contain the post and any images)
- The post must be written in Word
- When submitting the post, use the guest post application on the guidelines page
2). Expose Gaming
This site is looking for articles on these topics:
- Big gaming industry news (that will be relevant for months)
- Guides & how to’s
- Tips & tricks in popular video games
- Top list
- PC hardware/accessory guides
The guideline requirements for your post include:
- The article must be at least 1000 words long
- No foul language is tolerated
- No duplicate content is accepted
- Content must be original and unique
- You can include images/videos (though it’s not required)
- No affiliate links will be allowed
- You can link back to your site if it provides value to your article
- Send your well-written email with post ideas to their contact page
3). Lol News
This is a site accepting video game guest posts, and these are their post submission guidelines:
- Your post must be original and not previously published in print or on the web
- You agree not to publish the post anywhere else (including your own site or blog)
- You may provide up to three byline links, which can include: one for your blog/site, one for your bio or “about” page, and one for your Twitter username.
- Your post should be at least 500 words long, but no more than 800 words.
This site would like to grow their blog into an essential gaming blog for all gamers, indie game developers, and designers. Here are their guest post guidelines for gaming guest posts:
- Contact the site owner before submitting your post (Site owner’s name is Ian, and you can contact him at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Articles must be written in English
- Please proofread and ensure your post is free of grammatical & spelling errors
- Word count should be at least 400, but more is better
- Images are optional, but are accepted; image size must be 1280px X 720px
- Suggested topics for guest posts:
- Game design
- Game development
- Games industry (industry news)
- Game development tips & advice
- Game marketing tips & advice
- Retro gaming
- Online gaming
- Cloud gaming
- Social media & marketing (for gamers)
- Game blogging
- Twitch gaming advice
- YouTube gaming advice
- Gaming comparisons
- Gaming Listicles
Note that this site does not pay for your guest post. In addition, no commercial links are allowed.
5). Caffeine Gaming
Here’s another site that’s looking for guest posts or videos. Their contributor guidelines include the following information:
- Make sure your post is original
- They don’t allow spam of any kind
- You can include a link to a relevant source (must be related to gaming in some way and provide value)
- Make sure your post is grammatically correct
- Contact them with your post idea before submitting a guest post
This site is a little confusing in that it looks like they have a contact form near the bottom of their post guidelines, but they say to use the contact form on the “contact” page. We would suggest using the contact form on the “contact” page, as this is specified in the guidelines.
6). Tech Gaming Report
When it comes to posting quality, this site looks to “maintain high journalistic standards to provide unique, quality articles and news to our readers.” So, you’ll need to craft a high-quality gaming guest post for this site (as you should for every site!).
Here’s an overview of their gaming guest post guidelines:
- Your article must be original and will need to pass Copyscape & other plagiarism checks. Your article must never have been published anywhere.
- Claims and data must be supported; no false claims/data will be accepted
- Your article needs to provide value to the site’s readers
- Acceptance of the article is dependent on the editorial board.
Summing It Up
There you have it! This is the ultimate guide to gaming guest posting! Follow our guide, and we’re sure you’ll find success. Gaming guest posting is still a relevant method to find more readers and traffic for your own blog or site!